13 December 2007

Thursday, 13 December 2007

Got into work late today. It's not a big deal because I'm not doing anything anyway. Several of my coworkers have expressed the same sentiment. I have begun not caring about this again, which is really a shame.
Yesterday and the day before, I spent a sizable chunk of my day studying Russian. Ends up that paid off and I'll be able to move on to the 2E course. I think I'll do it, but I'm pretty conflicted about it. It'll take an hour a day, every day, basically locking my schedule four days a week to 8am-7pm because of an hour off for Russian and class after work from 5:30 to 7pm. I like having a solid schedule, but I'm not sure I'll like having the same schedule everyday. Also, I don't have any plans during the Spring semester to need to work time off in a work week, but you never know. If I needed to, I would basically have to work long hours on Friday and sacrifice a weekend day in order to make up the time. That's only really valid anyway if I have work to do, but it really sucks.
There was a cold front that came through yesterday, dropping the temperature to... 50! Holy crap! We're all going to die! If Russians thought their winter would save them from Nazis, they would be damned sure to destroy Houstonians with it.
We got cake today at work! Thanks, people who worked on the securing the contract! I really appreciate the cake! Yesterday we were given lunch thanks to all the money we saved by turning off the lights every night. To think, things I do at home all the time saved the company enough to buy lunch for everyone that works for it in Houston. We all know they saved way more than that, because they would only give us between 1-5% of the proceeds. Unless they actually liked their employees, which I really doubt.
I finished rereading Harry Potter 7 again, after rereading the other 6 after hearing that Dumbledore was supposed to be gay. It made absolutely no difference. That's why I am annoyed that J.K. Rowling said that he was. If it gave us a different insight as to why he ever did what he did, but it makes no sense. He didn't go and defeat Gridelwald for several years not because he loved him as a lover, but because he loved him as a friend. Hell, he helped him develop several of his ideas anyway. Why would he bring about his downfall if he was leaving him and his country alone and doing exactly what they talked about the whole time? If J.K. wasn't the creator of Dumbledore, I would say it was just untrue slander.
Now Amanda and I are going to dinner over at her friend's place. I even helped by making the rice dish that she likes to make for parties and such. Hopefully we will have fun there.

No comments: